BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK went to install my new cd player ... and when i went to go get some more stuff for it .... the speedometer didnt work ... niether did the odometer .... then i look over and my MPG gauge is goin crazy! .... any 1 kno if this might be just a loose wire or a fuse or somethin.... need this back .... i can sorta tell how fast im goin by my tachometer ... but its not to reliable .... plus i am now due for an inspection ... and it wont pass like this lol ... thanks for the help

Rob :driving

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like you messed with something whel installing your radio. Go back in and double check to make sure you didnt disconnect anything back there.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by m42technic@Aug 25 2003, 01:57 PM
Sounds like you messed with something whel installing your radio. Go back in and double check to make sure you didnt disconnect anything back there.
yeah you may have crossed a couple wires or screwed something up when putting it back together, hopefully the gauges arent broken

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently had mine in for A/C service and they took out the radio etc. and when they put it back together nothing worked. They had blown fuses when they were messing around back there and once I replaced the fuses then eerything but the tach and MPG worked. So maybe you should check fuses.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
ALso check to make sure you didn't cross the dimmer wire (if there is one) with the wrong wire. That's usually in concert with the dash lights and if it was crossed (or connected to say ground or 12v+) it could cause problems like you are seeing. But check fuses first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is funny, because my 87 325i does the same thing, no speedo, odo, or MPG...

It does kick on every now and again.. The good news is I have had the car since Decmber and only put 3000 miles on (accoring to ODO...)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts