BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my speedometer with a known working replacement (I'm not sure if you exchange the speedometer from one car to another it will work since you could make a high mileage car a low mileage one that way) and still no speed or distance (odometer) indication. Has any one had experience replacing their sending unit for the speedometer? If there were a way to test the unit to tell if it is the problem, this would help to keep me from heading down the wrong path. Thanks

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
if u replaced the gauge or cluster and it still doesnt work, it may be something wrong with the speedometer plug on the rear differential. check the connection and see if there is any water build up trapped inside. other than that, any speedometer/odometer gauge should work in your car, but to be safe you may wanna stick with the original brand your car came with, such as VDO or Motometer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would have checked the speed sensor in the diff first... and then checked all the wiring from the sensor to the control unit. likely that is your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts