BMW Werkz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just reading something someone wrote we dont get 316 in US because they are not big enough ?????

what is the speed limit on your fastest roads i might be out of date but i thought and might be very wrong it was 55mph ???? can some-one put me right ????

316 318 325 m3 ok maybe not m3 but driving a bm no matter what is gr8 ????

cheers jas

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
i guess it depends what highways your on. In pa it can get up to 65 if you arent around any cities. Out west its around 75 i believe.

·
WOT in Reverse
3,441 Posts
Actually, down here in TN our interstate speed limits are 70mph in most areas. Come on down if you want to use 5th gear!! :driving

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so a 316i would handle the punishment of such speed's true ????

just hate to see the smaller car's getting a hard time

size isnt everything they say !!!!!!!!! apparantly hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
here in the UK the 316 is quite a popular model. one of my friends owns one and he does 100mph on it whenever he gets the chance and he says it can do more but hasnt got the nerves :cry . speed limit here is 75mph on motorways but I've done 120mph in my 320se :devil and still quite a lot of the "big cars" pass me on the open freeways. damn, maybe I'm driving too slow. :driving or I really love my car :yup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shnitz im also uk you might want to check speed limits it's 70 mph haha

just a little tip haha

but normally ok to 10% over say 80mph over that sure you will get pulled depend's on the copper haha if he's had a good or bad day

·
Registered
95 Posts
well it says 70 on the roads but everybody says its ok to do 80ish??? hehehehe, figured out 75 to be fine :banghead :banghead :banghead :drunk :drunk :drunk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speed problebly !!!!! hahaha perhaps germany have it right with the auto bahn no idea if spelt right ........... but a gr8 idea all the same no limits !!!!!!! haha

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
they dont bring the 316 over for a few reasons. Americans wouldnt buy it because its to slow for the cash amount. Everyone thinks that the phrase "fast turn" is equivelent to a controlled U-turn. It cant compete with hondas and it cant compete with faster toyotas and nissans. Its a mismatch in america.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know its a weird one they love the ford probe in the US........but wasnt popular in the uk !!!!! yet i would take the 316 over that any day of the week

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Originally posted by jason325i@Feb 9 2004, 07:12 PM
i know its a weird one they love the ford probe in the US........but wasnt popular in the uk !!!!! yet i would take the 316 over that any day of the week
probe..... gross... their nothing but crap. I have a 318i and I can't really imagine what it would be like with .2 less liters. But bascially this is the car with the smallest engine that I have ever driven. In american just the thought of a 1.6 liter engine is more then enought to put most people off from buying the car.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
agreed.
I have a 323 and I still think it needs more power. I want to be able to spin the wheels from a stand-still without dropping from neutral or doing anything silly like brake-reving. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
going to put a spanner in the works as they say !!!!!!!!!!!

RX8 has only a 1.3 engine in it but produce's 200bhp

still love my bmw but thats something to think about!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
In Michigan the freeways are all 70mph, but if you actually do 70 even the cops will pass you. Generally up to 80mph is acceptable, unless the cops are feeling like being dicks. I had a Suzuki X-90 once, and Michigan freeways were REAL fun in that... nothing like doing 80 and being almost redlined in 5th. :)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
RX7/8 engines dont count in the buyer displacement turnoff ratio. Wankel engines are completely different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts