BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started the tune-up for this car (my uncle took no care of it what so ever) and I have decided to start with the spark plugs. I was wondering what Brand/type you think is good for the E36. I have heard good stuff about Bosch platnium plugs for German cars but I got crapped on when I told my fellow Maxima enthusiasts that I put Bosch in my Maxima. Anyway, thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@Jan 26 2004, 07:19 PM
OEM plugs.

bosch platinum +4's are terrible for most cars, but i suggest the +2's
Some info's please whats wrong with the +4? I have em on they seem fine...lemme know I'mma take it out? :driving

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terrible ey? Woah...I think I am going to run out and get some NGK's and replace the Bosch. Whats the difference between the +4 and +2? :poke

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
, there have been a few disscussions regarding P+4's ,

from what i gather (because i have personally not used them) is that some people get awesome performance out of them , and some people get awesome performanace for a week , then they start to go south, i guess it has something to do with them not running hot enough.

its like trying to use irridium plugs, they arent made for our cars.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I tried the Bosch +2 in my old e30 318i and the car ran like shit! They continually fouled. I then went to the original Bosch plug and ran those until I got rid of the car, about 3 years later, with no problems.
Ben

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
First off... the multiprong plugs are wastes of money. For 2 reasons.

Reason 1. You cant gap them.

Reason 2. Physics

Electricity takes the path of least resistance, it wont take all 4 paths. And because the tops cannot be directly over top but more diagonal to the ground there is more distance and the spark will be weaker.

Just get the cheapest plugs you can get. They are usually bosche anyway and you wont notice a difference.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have Bosch Platinum 2's...I guess they are ok, it's hard to tell when the plugs are going bad unless it starts to sputter very bad like when all 6 of my connections in my boots went bad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts