BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys just wondering who here has wired their own car and where did ye run the wires from the amp + how do you take the back seat out in a 318i saloon .
thanks , all answers much appreciated :wrench

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
should go in the sound forum...

but, to answer your question:

the rear seat bottom unclips when you pull up on it, giving you access to areas you can drill through to run wires to the trunk if you can't find a factory hole. My amp is wired with 10 guage wire from the battery on the right, and runs to a ground screw I drilled over on the left. I ran the RCAs from the HU to amp under interior door sills, then under the carpet to the hole from the backseat and into the trunk.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
my wires

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
nice use of PAINT.....

and the ground wire gose where?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
the ground wire goes over by the spare tire almost by the tail light. My original system had 2 10s and the amp was mounted off to the side by the ground wire. Ill see if I can dig up an old pic.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Im getting ready to install a cap on the the other wing of the box. yet more wires to run. o boy.

As you can see, with my old amps location, the ground is slightly to its right.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I built it myself to fit the shape and house the amp. I was a little concerned it would sound bad , but its filled with 20oz of polyfill to help add volume, and it sounds great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts