BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
W00T
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok
I went to Boreal to go snowboarding today. The drive up there was kool, no snow on the roads...but it was like 15 degrees. So we get to boreal and they havea huge parkinglot...of course its all snowed and iced over. So we get there and were like we got to have some fun.

So we started pulling ebrakes(Im in my moms volvo) and doing reverse 360's. Oh man it was sooo fun. Half our day was spent driving in the lot, not snowboarding.
We go the tires spinning at 90 mph, although we were only moving at like 25 mph.

Good times.

I love large empty inced parkinglots.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by Delmarco@Nov 29 2004, 12:15 AM
can I do this with my "automatic" e36? If so how?

sounds like crazy fun numark!
[snapback]239284[/snapback]​

Yea you can all you have to do is find a large iced over area and hit the gas!

as for the wheels thing spinning them at 90.. just be really careful not to hit anykind of un-iced ground when you do it so you dont suddenly gain traction and rocket into something

·
Registered
487 Posts
Originally posted by catalyst.+Nov 29 2004, 02:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catalyst. @ Nov 29 2004, 02:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Delmarco@Nov 29 2004, 12:15 AM
can I do this with my "automatic" e36? If so how?

sounds like crazy fun numark!
[snapback]239284[/snapback]​

Yea you can all you have to do is find a large iced over area and hit the gas!

as for the wheels thing spinning them at 90.. just be really careful not to hit anykind of un-iced ground when you do it so you dont suddenly gain traction and rocket into something
[snapback]239288[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

The traction owuld be the least of your concerns...your clutch would probably explode. I mean like catch fire explode! I read an article a few years ago about a guy in a 944 turbo in the 24 Daytona. He was goinf intoa turn or something and lost the car. He blew the clutch up when he went from grass to track, it caught fire. He hit the fire system going 80MPH spinning. By the time the car stopped the retardent was all gone and the car burned to the ground in the infield.

Pretty crazy shit. It sucks too because he was doing well when he killed it. It was a Broadfoot Racing car if I rem correctly.

But to get back tothe topic of this post, I have to agree. snowy lots RULE!!! And in a Volvo they are even better!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
i had some fun, and some annying experiences in the snow last sunday, ill post later

·
Registered
267 Posts
Originally posted by bigred318@Nov 29 2004, 11:40 PM
yeah we just got our first snow here tonight... so you all know what that means! yay!

Time it play!

David
[snapback]239991[/snapback]​
i hope ur one of those ppl who knows how to drive in snow b/c the last time i was in seattle everyone was going crazy and there was only like an inch of snow.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
vid or ban!

sorry, had to be said

quick question, how fast will i wreck a set of blizzacks doing this?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
if you have an LSD, you can really have a goddamn blast in the snow.
Do avoid patches of bare pavement. Sudden jolts in the driveline (such as 90mph hitting 0mph pavement) tends to tear up... well... EVERYHTING.

If you have an auto, put the transmission in manual mode so the thing dosn't shift up to freaking 4th gear going... well.. 90mph

If you can score some CHEEP ASS 5-bolt rims that have a really common tiresize (lower the profile the better) and get some cheep-shit tires with long treadlife and a bad snow rating... That makes it all the more fun...

·
Registered
491 Posts
snow??? haha. i wish. it was a good 85 degrees today here in florida. lol. btw. rear wheel drive, ure speedo wont shoot up to 90 if ure going 25 or whatever. thats y i drive my dads civic in the rain sometimes. got that bitch up to 60 while going about ten mph. good stuff man. good stuff.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Originally posted by d3ity@Dec 8 2004, 07:36 PM
vid or ban!

sorry, had to be said

quick question, how fast will i wreck a set of blizzacks doing this?
[snapback]246133[/snapback]​
very slowly actually, peeling out on snow just packs snow into the tire, it doesn't actually take tread off much if at all. that is the power of low friction areas like ice, less friction, less your tire is going to deteriorate.

i feel proud of myself now, finally used physics in a real life situation.... B)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love icy empty parking lots. Our old 535i was so much fun on this one huge parking lot. 360s were soooo easy to get going.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got my wheels spinning at 220km/h on an ice track last year when i still had my 1.6 liter engine... :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts