BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thud Well, I park my 328is outside. Last night it snowed and then the temperature dropped like crazy. I took my other car to work and when I came back, the damn snow had turned into Ice. The whole car is Ice right now :cry I tried opening the doors and they are jam shut. The trunk is not opening :idea2 Luckly, the passenger side door opened and I started the car. Left it to heat for couple of minutes. Tomorrow is bright sunny day, so I will let it melt when the sun comes out. I want to know, if the Ice is going to ruin the paint. What will happen to the windows, doors once it melts. What precautions should be taken so this doesn't happen again. :dunno

·
Registered
878 Posts
i don't think the ice is going to damage your car. i here there is stuff you can get for spraying in your door jams etc that reduces the chance of the doors sticking shut. i forget if it was www.bavauto.com or another site that sold it...it's out there though, you just have to know the name and where it is. :D

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
ice wont damage your paint unless you have chips or deep scratches. Even then, the ice has to get in and freeze, then melt, and freeze again, and melt, and so forth numerous times before any real damage is done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I,m in the same boat "love my tundra too"
I,m just abouhgt to garage my bimmer for the winter

·
Registered
30 Posts
I,m in the same boat "love my tundra too"
I,m just abouhgt to garage my bimmer for the winter

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts