BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anybody has pictures of an E46 with smoked black tail lights, with the car color being black... as I have a Black 2003 330ci, and I am thinking about putting on the smoked tail lights (the ones without the red)... but I am not sure how it will look.

Also, if you have ever seen one, but do not have photos, does it look good?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I haven't seen any on a bmw but the black saabs with smoked rears look really good. It depends on how dark you want. It might be too dark if you tint them yourself using that Nite Shades stuff from VHT, but the regular smoked with just the clear portion up top smoked would probably be just right. Anyhow, the only pictures I've seen were not on a vehicle(saw some front corners on a black 328 that looked great)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard of this VHT nightshade, but has anyone here ever used it? Is it easy to amaturely apply, and have it look professionally applied? Can you tint every light on your car with it? Any information, post please.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you've ever used spraypaint before then you should be able to use the VHT stuff. It's similar... you just have to get an even coating. I saw an Altima that had it on the rears and it looked good, but it was soooo dark that you could hardly see when they hit the brakes. But it just depends on how many coats you use.

I don't really know how legal all this is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got smoked ones on my 323I front and rear. The only thing smoked on the rear is the turnsignal and the backup lights. I can take some pics if you want. I also installed the silver bulbs for front and rear. Be prepared to take apart the entire trunk to get the lights out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts