BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the title is kinda self explanitory but i was wondering if SMG only came in the e46 as far as M3s. i know it comes in other cars other then M3s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes it only comes in the E46 models. but if you want to spend the money you might be able to get the SMG II for your car. or if you want to wait till 2006 the new M5s are coming with SMG II.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have a car first of all...and even if i did i wouldnt get it SMG, im just askin to have the knowledge so if someone asks me. but thanx for the info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh sorry about that i just thought you had an M5 because of your username.

and why no SMG? i think its awesome! it helps alot in traffic and the shift paddles are helpful when you dont want to take your hands off the wheels. like when your autoxing.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i don't think his parent will go for a M3 as his first car... the SMG without the different shift patterens(6) is can come with the e60, regular e46, and the z4... i belive

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i also like smg, its one of the best things to be invented since sliced bread. it alows for the quickest possible shifts, rev matching, smooth downshifts, has an automatic option for bumper to bumper traffic, and is also F1 inspired which has quality written all over it. only the die-hard clutch lovers will refuse to go for it

·
Registered
18 Posts
have you guys test drove the new Audi transmission DSG? that is the fastest shifting tranny and its a 7 speed. it shifts in .03 seconds. :goodness: Audi always has to out do BMW. those poo heads! :banghead

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by Mik3 Agby needs a head check
:goodness: Audi always has to out do BMW. those poo heads! :banghead

Hahahahahaha

Audi tries to keep up. They try...but they don't. Audi makes nice cars but you can't compare them to ///MPower. N00B.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Mik3 Agby@Dec 2 2003, 06:02 PM
have you guys test drove the new Audi transmission DSG? that is the fastest shifting tranny and its a 7 speed. it shifts in .03 seconds. :goodness: Audi always has to out do BMW. those poo heads! :banghead
thats only on sequential upshifts. if you were to downshift or just stay in even or odd gears DSG would lose its impresiveness

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3@Nov 30 2003, 04:40 PM
smg1 came on euro E36 3.2L M3's as a option
Was it available for all years? Also, anyone know abou thow hard it would be to find one and about how much it would cost?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts