1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
excellent show

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
woobie where did you get your steering wheel?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
two members from e46fanatics.

one guy with the wheel did not want it anymore since he got the ///M3 wheel with the tri-color stitching (he was selling the black stitching to me which i wanted - $310)

other guy had the airbag, didnt want it cuz he got an aftermarket wheel that required no airbag. kinda shocked me (in a good way) when he gave me his price - $200.

after i sell my original wheel, i predict i will spend a total of about $100 on the new wheel/airbag - which is a killer deal!

ive seen the wheel you have on ebay (same with my bros M roadster) like 2 days ago, I saw your wheel with airbag for $700+ on ebay!

there is a round airbag on ebay for $500+ at this time. it is rare to see a round airbag on ebay at all. you may wanna look into it....

airbag is about $700-800+ retail, the M3/M5 wheel is about $450 retail, usually you can find them for $350

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
so then it is just the airbag that is round? or do you have to buy a whole steering wheel set?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
the airbag is the center round object. when you buy just the steering wheel, there is a big whole in the middle; waiting for a airbag to be put in. so it depends on what wheel you want.

for example, the 'sport steering wheel' in the 3 series uses the round airbag. so ppl with this wheel can easily get the M3 wheel since they all share the same airbag. for me, i had to buy the airbag cuz my wheel was the triangle shaped airbag.

i believe you have the older style wheel for the M5. if you want the new wheel in the newer M5s (the one i have in mine now) you will need both a new wheel and new round airbag. the difference between the two steering wheel is the new one is much MUCH thicker; this gives you tons of grip for your hands to grasp. the new wheel is a bit smaller. there are thumb rests that are much larger than the old styled one. the wheel itself is made out of a very strange material, it feels almost mushy like foam, this is wrapped in leather of course. and of course, it looks better :)

i strongly recommend this mod. you may think 'eh, its a steering wheel'. but its so much more than that. my driving sensations have increased dramatically ever since i got it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts