BMW Werkz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is one for you... Driving about 45 then slowing down for a red light just normal no fast stops or anything, the car jerks kinda hard then its fine after that. I come to the stop and take off no problems. This happens randomly any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
tranny problems...?

describe the jerk.

sudden fwd motion, like i sudden deceleration?
-that be low fluid level, restricted tranny filter... or valve body probs.

vibrating jerk... almost like a thud, thud, thud shudder while deceleratiing?
-check the guibo and center bearings. and abnormal axial play at the differential end

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure didn't pay attention when it happen last to that. I will next time, and why if it does what does that mean?
Its means your tranny experience a rough shift, there on sensors on the tranny that detect rough shifts or jerks, the tranny will go into safe mode when this happens Hence "Flashing light near D" you'll need to shutoff vehicle and restart, computer will reset it but if it happens over and over, you've got issues. Have fluid checked, or changed.:rule

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I put the car over new card board to see for leaks so far 16 hours not one drop. All over the engine and under the car around tranny is dry as a bone. I've noticed some harder shifting as well. Car has 88k miles on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I took the car to the dealer and they had it all day. Trying to get the tranny to jerk again while slowing down. They got nothing, but did tell me the up shift in sport mode seems to be rough and so is the down shift. Told me there is nothing wrong at this point. So he sent me home.

My thoughts: its a 2004 330i with 89k miles, everything done to the T for regular things. what should I do???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.