BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All just wanted to say Hello. I've got a few question about my ride that hopefully I can get some feedback on... I have a 545i 05 v8 and I'm getting the flat tire message in the I-drive. I'm also having problems with the transmission( i think). I'm getting very little usuage out of 2 & 3 gear. 1 gear is fine then 2nd gear seems to jerk into then boost out into 3rd gear. that usally about 40mph so in 3rd gear between 35-40 miles and hour it seems to be hesitating. anything over 45 it's just fine and of course on the highway it's money. So do you think that it's a system timing issue or is the tranny shot??? anybody with any suggestions I'll be happy to hear some feedback.. Thanks All
fatboyslim
:D

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
The transmission should have a fluid & filter change around 80,000miles and every 30,000 thereafter, if its gone over the 100,000 mark you must get it done as the internals will start to wear.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the quick responce... I have 67780 miles currently. I got the car used at 60k and my lady takes trips to chicago alot for work so most of the miles have been on the highway. What is the computer code thing mean?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thank you for your informaton.. This is very helpful being that I'm a new owner and doing research after I purchased the car (backwards). I knew that i shouldn't have test drivin' one. Now look at me...Thanks guys:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.