BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this last night with the windows up, I turned right and heard a strange noise, rolled down the windows and didn't hear it again except on some man holes and other rough road. Today I drove on the rough surface of the old airstrip in town and rolled down the windows and heard what distinctly sounded like metal hitting metal, like spoons slapping kind of. Don't know what this is or if it is anything, I don't really mess with suspension and I assume that is what it is if it is anything. Thanks for the help guys, I remember back in the day at UB and when I came over here I never really asked a question, now I ask one every week just about haha. :rolleyes: :shifty

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm beginning to think it has the be the end links, I didn't put this together at the time but when breaking, right before the car stops (well the wheels stop but the body moves forward a little bit and then comes to a rest) it makes a creaking sound, this one can be heard with the windows up though, and it makes that same noise when turning the wheel at low speeds. This sound like it is the end links for sure?

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When on rough surfaces the front and rear drivers side, during the braking just the front drivers side....but i assume if there is anything on the passengers side i cant hear it because of the distance from it and the fact that what little I might be able to hear I can't distinguish because the sound from the drivers side is over powering it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.