BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was bored with my headlights last night, and today i had an extra 50 bones lying around so i said.. Autozone here i come!

Had the autozone girl check up and found that my '95 e36 has size 9006 low beams. then i pondered between the CoolBlues and the SilverStar, small price difference, same quality/company. I heard the CoolBlues were basically white lights, and not as bright as the SilverStars

so i dropped 40 bucks to get 2 headlights, and rushed home to install. Very easy DIY, i didnt even need the owners manual, just reach down, turn the old lights counter clockwise and pull them out. Disconnect the power cord and attach your brand new lights, then just put back in and lock it in place

For your enjoyment i took some before and after photos. enjoy :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another One

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last one

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when driving around at night they are really useful, they make the road signs light up nice and bright even from far away

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I went to Kragons the other day for some reason and I saw Silver Stars that looked a little bit more blue (SILVER STARS NOT COOLBLUE) Have they changed?

·
Science Roolz!
7,043 Posts
Originally posted by Slvr e39@Sep 11 2004, 08:54 PM
I went to Kragons the other day for some reason and I saw Silver Stars that looked a little bit more blue (SILVER STARS NOT COOLBLUE) Have they changed?
i don't think they have changed, are you sure they weren't cool blue

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bulbs themselves look blue, but they shine bright white

and my friends say when theyre driving in front of me, theyre are bright as hell but look nice

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
WTF ok now i dont get it...everyone i knew that did a before and after with those HATED them...i know i did...it didnt do shit...i had to upgrade again to some 100W Piaa Titanium white bulbs till i noticed a difference...guess it all depends on the type of light housing you have...im sure that E36's housing are better than E30 H4 Conversion housing......damn you haha but that :rock that it worked out good! looks nice... :D

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
the bulbs themselves look blue, but they shine bright white
and my friends say when theyre driving in front of me, theyre are bright as hell but look nice
You have friends? j/k

Yea when I bought mine like 9 months or more ago they were white, now they are blue, thats what I was talking about

My friends say the same thing, no1 likes to drive ahead of me...LOL

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Xenons are coming very very soon tho...6000k or 7000k? I have a choice

Also xenon fog lights, im going to be a rolling sun

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Originally posted by Slvr e39@Sep 14 2004, 01:11 AM
Xenons are coming very very soon tho...6000k or 7000k? I have a choice

Also xenon fog lights, im going to be a rolling sun
umm...?? those have been out for quite some time....just to let you know...or are you reffering to them being offered via silverstars..?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
how much were they? very cleaning up mod, gj

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can somebody post a link to the actual lights online so I can see what the package looks like? I want to make sure I get the right thing, those are dumb bright.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Originally posted by TMac325is@Jun 27 2004, 07:59 PM
Last one
[snapback]136650[/snapback]​
did you get lights for your fogs too cause it could be just me but those fogs look brighter too

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no, must be the camera angle or the time of day in that pic, silverstars are in the area of 20 bucks a pop

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by TMac325is@Jun 27 2004, 07:47 PM
Well I was bored with my headlights last night, and today i had an extra 50 bones lying around so i said.. Autozone here i come!

Had the autozone girl check up and found that my '95 e36 has size 9006 low beams. then i pondered between the CoolBlues and the SilverStar, small price difference, same quality/company. I heard the CoolBlues were basically white lights, and not as bright as the SilverStars

so i dropped 40 bucks to get 2 headlights, and rushed home to install. Very easy DIY, i didnt even need the owners manual, just reach down, turn the old lights counter clockwise and pull them out. Disconnect the power cord and attach your brand new lights, then just put back in and lock it in place

For your enjoyment i took some before and after photos. enjoy :cheers
[snapback]136642[/snapback]​

Or for $15.00 you could have taken the 9005 high beam bulbs, modified them and used them for the low beams like I did in my E32.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
i have the silverstars in my low beams, my high beams, and my fogs... just tonight i was driving back from having thanksgiving dinner with a roommate's family, it was about a 45 minute drive down a two lane back country road. those lights were clear as day, i was able to drive so fn fast down it because i could see everything so well. It is worth the money for sure, you have no idea, how bad the original bulbs are till you put those things in, drive for a bit, then put the old ones back in. I did this a week ago, thought i was going to die the stock ones were so much worse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts