BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY! i found some lady whos welling her 1995 325iS for 12k about 1 mile away!
Its got 58k miles......is that too much for a 325?
I'm worried that it will lemon-up on me once i get it.
How long do 325's last on avg?
1 more problem.....i NEED all the help i can get. If i cant convince my dad to get it for me then back to the Jetta....he is very sceptical on a 58000mile car. :screwy

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
are you paying with cash? Tell the HAG $7500 Cash, and you'll take it off her hands! If the Hag doesnt bite say $8000.00, still no bite, Tell the HAG your final offer is $8500 show the cash upfornt (slowly lick your thumb and start counting the money), tell her "take it or leave it." If she bites the cars yours, congratulations! If not, tell the HAG good luck! Slowly put the Benjamins away in your pocket and walk away. :wave Go buy your Jetta .

BMW's are built like tanks. 58k miles is spring chicken on these cars. :gay

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Sounds right where it should be $$ wise.. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by BeemerMan@Sep 26 2003, 09:20 PM
are you paying with cash? Tell the HAG $7500 Cash, and you'll take it off her hands! If the Hag doesnt bite say $8000.00, still no bite, Tell the HAG your final offer is $8500 show the cash upfornt (slowly lick your thumb and start counting the money), tell her "take it or leave it." If she bites the cars yours, congratulations! If not, tell the HAG good luck! Slowly put the Benjamins away in your pocket and walk away. :wave Go buy your Jetta .

BMW's are built like tanks. 58k miles is spring chicken on these cars. :gay
That'll never fly dude..remember, mileage is important and in this case she's got 58k so good deal in my book!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:dunno still a bit confused........could anyone tell me how long till a car like this (on avg) starts to screw up on me?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
bmw estimates that there engines will last 300k miles and up. there will be miner problems down the road such as the water pump and some other really small things, but nothing major. bimmers are definately built like tanks. someone correct me if im wrong about these stats

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Originally posted by Ski+Sep 26 2003, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ski @ Sep 26 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BeemerMan@Sep 26 2003, 09:20 PM
are you paying with cash?  Tell the HAG $7500 Cash, and you'll take it off her hands!  If the Hag doesnt bite say $8000.00, still no bite, Tell the HAG your final offer is $8500 show the cash upfornt (slowly lick your thumb and start counting the money), tell her "take it or leave it."  If she bites the cars yours, congratulations!  If not, tell the HAG good luck!  Slowly put the Benjamins away in your pocket and walk away.  :wave  Go buy your Jetta .

BMW's are built like tanks.  58k miles is spring chicken on these cars. :gay
That'll never fly dude..remember, mileage is important and in this case she's got 58k so good deal in my book!! [/b][/quote]
I don't know Ski, I'm a good talker/negotiator. Ok Ok maybe not $8500 but I bet I can close this deal for $9800. Where do you live New Guy? I can accompany you and your dad if need be. But i think $9800.00 Cash is very reasonable. :yup

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by bimmer328isss@Sep 26 2003, 07:57 PM
bmw estimates that there engines will last 300k miles and up. there will be miner problems down the road such as the water pump and some other really small things, but nothing major. bimmers are definately built like tanks. someone correct me if im wrong about these stats
you are deffinately right. the newer I-6's (M50+) are practically bullet proof. the only major thing to worry about is if it has an automatic transmission it might start to go around 150-200k miles (also i would just replace the water pump right away when you get the car, it sucks having it go unexpectedly). 58k miles is very low, practically nothing, the engine will most likely out live the car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Depends on the market , I'd say you 12 is a great price here in New England. Shit I had someone offer me 20K for my 325 last week .(granted its has lots of upgrades).

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Many e36s havent been around long enough to reach 300k, but ask that question in the e30 section. Many will have hit the mark. One member I remember from BMW Planet had a Bavaria that last some 547k before it got in a wreck and was totaled.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pay no more than 10k! And this only if the car is in MINT condition. Otherwise drop the price .5-1k.
I lived most of my life overseas. In Denmark to be precise. Lots of salt on the roads during winter and plenty of sea breezes.
I have seen MANY BMW's, Mercedes, VW's, Volvo's and SAAB's pass up the 300k miles mark with NO RUST! These cars are built to keep going and going and going...if you take care of them.
:rock

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Originally posted by Mattitjah@Mar 3 2004, 08:20 PM
Pay no more than 10k! And this only if the car is in MINT condition. Otherwise drop the price .5-1k.
I lived most of my life overseas. In Denmark to be precise. Lots of salt on the roads during winter and plenty of sea breezes.
I have seen MANY BMW's, Mercedes, VW's, Volvo's and SAAB's pass up the 300k miles mark with NO RUST! These cars are built to keep going and going and going...if you take care of them.
:rock
hate to say, but I doubt your buying advice will affect him much at this point, since the original post was made in september.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts