BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I think the HK radio sounds GREAT! In my 2004 325CI, but I have heard of other people saying to go AFTERMARKET with the headunit and it sounds like 10 times better! Anybody have knowledge on this? Any complications with the factory amp?

And has ANYBODY seen a Faceplate adaptor for my car (2004 325CI), just in case i switch out the head? I found a harness but I dont think anyones made a dash kit yet... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
there are dashkits made by scosche, if you go aftermarket it will sound better - but there will be minor complications with the factory amp - things like output levels not being at their peak... an aftermarket deck and amp would be the best way to go

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree - adding a sub would be great, but the aftermarket amp and headunit will make an audible increase in sound quality... mostly for FM though, CDs will also be improved but not as much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 99 323is and it has the HK system. I pulled the factory head unit out to replace with another one. When I did the new deck sounds a lot worse than the factory one did with the setup. I'm not sure what happened... I tried to put the factory back in as it did sound better but when I plugged it back into the factory harness, it wouldnt come on :( so now I wonder what to do next....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts