BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 1994 BMW 318i with 93000 miles on it down the street form my house. I drove it today and the trans felt fine (5 - speed :D ). Everything felt great but the rear of the car made some type of noise. It kinda sounded like road noise but it wasnt I dont think. Also the driver side window does not roll down and the passesnger side door panel's plastic stuff is comeing up on the top left hand corner. How much do you think it will be to fix the window and what do you think I can do about that passenger side plastic. O and what could that noise from the rear be, to me it doesnt sound like anything horrible. He wants 5000 for the car. Should I buy it.

Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by ZeroCool@Oct 12 2003, 10:46 PM
There is a 1994 BMW 318i with 93000 miles on it down the street form my house. I drove it today and the trans felt fine (5 - speed :D ). Everything felt great but the rear of the car made some type of noise. It kinda sounded like road noise but it wasnt I dont think. Also the driver side window does not roll down and the passesnger side door panel's plastic stuff is comeing up on the top left hand corner. How much do you think it will be to fix the window and what do you think I can do about that passenger side plastic. O and what could that noise from the rear be, to me it doesnt sound like anything horrible. He wants 5000 for the car. Should I buy it.

Thanks
Daniel
5k ??
i wish i could find deals like this in san diego

·
Registered
126 Posts
SOUNS LIKE A great deal, you should have it checked by a reliable mechanic and if he says its fine, you should DEFINATELY go for it, that sounds like a grreat deal, only thing i don't like is a the fact its a 1.8 four door, kind of weak

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
its marginally faster than a 1.8 two door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found out that its a 92 instead of a 94 because I was checking on insurance with the vin number and it came up a 92. I asked the guy and he said it was a 92. It was me who just made the mistake about the year because i've been looking at so many cars. Is this still a good deal?

Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
8 Posts
:gulp I would try to get him down to 4k. I just bought my 94 318is for 4500 with a 100k on it 5k for a 92 seems like a little too much.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Originally posted by ehlpitel@Oct 13 2003, 02:25 PM
el presidente, u mean the four door is quicker than the 2, unbelievable
correct. the engines are identical, so weight is the only issue.

I dont know of any coup that weighs less than its sedan counterpart, however many sedans weigh less than their coup conterpart, including the e36. The difference is only a few pounds, and in terms of speed a marginal difference. But the sedan will be a few thousandths or possibly hundreths of a second quicker.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i payed 7k for a 96 with 100k miles. so i guess so yeah.
Go to nada.com. pay the trade in price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
both prices sound pretty reasonable. tray b.s.ing them down of course. but no, defenitely not bad i just paid $6g's fer a '96 318ti w/ 118k (but its w/cali. top, leather, and in aqua metallic)

·
Registered
162 Posts
depending on how stubborn he is about the price, respectfully offer a quick sale for 4000 or 4500.
if he says no, give him 2 days to think about it, then come and slowly work your way back up to 5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts