1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
AA and UUC have nice ones :thumbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
The link you posted is for a general search for short shifters on Ebay. So I can't answer if that one is any good because there are several listed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For the 325 tranny, UUC is really nice, I've felt that, B&M is soposedly good, but i have never seen/felt that SSK. The M3/Z3 shifter lever is a good upgrade for those on a budget.
On the M3 and 328 tranny, UUC is way too notchy IMO, i have rogue and driven both UUC and RE. The octane is so much smother. A couple E36 and E46 i know have had the UUC and then stwiched to RE.
You have posted a ebay shifter rod, which does almost absolutly NOTHING to shift throws.

For 325s M3 shifter install can be found here
http://www.understeer.com/

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Rogue SSK with a WSR (weighted selector rod)... I like it, and it's definitely mellowing out the more I drive. The guys at Fall-Line in Chicago ordered and installed it. Overall I'd recommend it. Their site is www.rogueengineering.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a uuc ssk with all the bells and whistles and it works really nicely much shorter than stock not too notchy and very easy and comfortable to drive. A friend of mine put a rogue ssk on his m3 and loves it. I don't think that you will go wrong with either of those companies...
John-

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a UUC short shift kit in my 95' E36 325is. I love it. I have had no problems with it. And it is short, smooth, and that sporty feel. It gets rid of that nasty smooshy feel from the OEM BMW shift kit. I highly recommend the UUC. :driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts