BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
get a Z4 shifter from the dealer, its like 80$ for the kit. While youre in there you might want to change all the bushings.
+1 I got mine from understeer.com for 80 bucks or so .. Only problem is you have to bend it a little bit to get it where you can shift without problems. I haven't bent mine yet but occasionally it will jump out of 2nd gear and that is no good I'd recommend tweaking it before you put it in.. they give you a tutorial with the purchase from understeer.

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
+1 I got mine from understeer.com for 80 bucks or so .. Only problem is you have to bend it a little bit to get it where you can shift without problems. I haven't bent mine yet but occasionally it will jump out of 2nd gear and that is no good I'd recommend tweaking it before you put it in.. they give you a tutorial with the purchase from understeer.
I had to bend it to fit in my E36 328i as well, but I don't know if it will be an issue on the 318. All in all, best bang for teh buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.