BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Z4 with 34K miles. New tires at 32K miles (went from run flats to regular for comfort). It is well taken care of. Now the question. A few weeks ago, I took it for a 500 mile trip, and when I started I had a shimmy in my steering at about 55 miles an hour, and then it disappeared at 65. Halfway though trip it sat for several days, and on return part of the trip it shimmied at 35 to 45, and 55 to 65. When I returned home the next day I took it and had front tires balanced,and one tire had lost its sticky weight. Drove it home (20 miles) it did fine and I parked it in garage. Two weeks later I had a 120 mile roundtrip, and it started shimmying again at the same speeds. On the return portion of the trip (played golf) the z4 ran smooth as silk.
Before I take it in and get all kinds of possibilities and costs, I wanted to see if anyone else had similar problem. Thanks in advance for some good answers

·
Registered
2004 325xi Touring
1 Posts
I had a similar situation last year on my 2004 325xi Touring. It turned out to be a sticking RF brake caliper. Replaced it and the overheated rotor & pads and problem solved!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts