BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, I was just thinking how hot my bimmer would look with shaved doors so I was thinking about it but I don't know much about this. Anyone in this forum know any problems this may cause on my 325is? I don't know how much it would cost or anything so if anyone has a quote on a kit to purchase and how much installation is approx. would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
You wouldn't need a kit except to find another way to open the doors just fill the handle hole with bondo. By the way BMWs look disgusting with shaved handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do not fill your handles with bondo that is very incorrect. To do it the proper way you have to place a piece of metal over the door handles and then tack weld it in. then start grinding it off till it fits with the door. Then you have to sand it so it is flush and then paint. You don't use any bondo.

BONDO= CHEAP SHIT

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Exactly. The only time you should really use bondo is when filling gashes in plastic parts. Shaving requires the door open mechanism be relocted, usually to the underside of the car. With the complexities of the central locking Im sure just the labor on shaving would be very costly compared to other cars. After that, you still have to consider your paint. For a better match, they will paint the entire midsection of the door, which using good paint wont run cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts