BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you old timers have probably seen my ride before, but for all you new guys out there I would like to share it with you.....

This is my Aplina B3 replica, its based on a 1995 euro 328i sedan.

as you can see i like to keep my baby clean! (over here in the uk that isnt easy!)

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Body wise, the car has got fitted the Alpina B3 body kit, although this realy only consists of a rear boot spoiler and a front lip! The body colour is Montrial blue which Aplina did use for the B3's..... The only thing fitted that is GENUINE Alpina is the Alpina badging.......

The B3 3.0 badge cost me £80.00 and I had to wait over 4 weeks for it to arrive, the ALPINA badge only cost me £40.00... that took only a few weeks...... Im undecicive at the moment to have the gold "ALPINA" on the front spoiler???????

It has aswell a set of 225/45x17 Avon ZZ1 tyres, I find these to excellent in the dry and the wet, and they are fitted to a set of the Alpina Softline alloys, unfortunately these are copies.......

The interior on this is a standard black leather although I will be getting rear head rests fitted as all the Alpina's have them......

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other goodies I have got consist of.......

LED Angel eye kit.... this has 42 Led's per halo, at night it gives off a bright blue light.......

and all the other lights are the euro lights with clear tops.......

The stereo isnt all that special, I've replaced the head unit with a Pioneer single Cd player, the rear speakers in the deck have been replaced with JBL gt 6x9's, the front speakers I have left original (those motorollas can still kick it) and I have a JBL gt 12" sub fitted in a JBL box, which is powered by a JBL gt amp...... its nothing special or competion spec but it will turn a few heads while cruising.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upgrades........

The brakes I have uprated aswell, fitted the rear I have Bembo vented discs but on the front I went for EBC groved discs, they arnt drilled all the way through because it reduces the risk of cracking????? (so i was told)

Exhaust........

I went for a "Hamann Motorsport" rear section, the only other upgrade on the exhaust would be to de-cat it! and thats to much hassel over here!!!!!!!

The noise it makes is heaven...... it has that deep throaty noise, and on deceleration you get this pop pop pop! when I went down the track the other day they tested it for the noise restriction.....94 db. I passed, your allowed 107 db.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Induction........

Looking around I noticed because it was for a BMW everyone wanted to charge stupid prices, and a friend suggested I tryed a place he used...... they tune up Cosworth engines, so i havd fitted a Ramair filter from a Sierra Cosworth.....

To go with the air filter and exhaust I'm running Bosche spilt four plugs, which i find run a lot smoother and are more responsive than most, and also I will only run the car on Shell's Optimax fuel, slightly higher octain than normal.

Suspension..........

The car has had fitted sports suspension which does lower the car slightly, also to complement this is the Racing Dynamics stut brace on the front end......

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Future mods.......

Next on the cards will be an uprated clutch and light weight flywheel, this will reduced the clutch slip im experiancing and should improve those lap times.......

Then once thats done the Chip will be next with a tune.....

Then I shall get a slight window tint alround.....

Possibly get (if i can save hard enough) some genuine Alpina alloys.....

Not sure yet, but a very discreat small vent or grille on the near side front of the bonnet for the air filter to breath better......

and thats it...... my Alpina B3 replica....

hope you enjoy....
:w00t :w00t :w00t

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Sweet ride fatty!! B) Thanks for sharing.. :thumbs

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 23 2003, 10:20 PM
was there any difference in the euro 328 then the us 328?
i think the euro was quicker...... mines restricted to 155mph where i think the US version is some thing like 130mph..... i may be wrong on the figures, but the restriction were greater on the US versions....

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
that is an awesome car. i love those rims. i wonder how they would look on a E46?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by DesmoBob@Jun 24 2003, 09:53 AM
if your car's accent is as delicious as yours, then you have earned a new smilie:

lol @ delicious :drool

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Fatty that a very fatty ride you got there. VERY fatty. Good job!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts