BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yup Its cold outside and im wondering if my service engine light is on cause my thermostat is frozen,,my temp gauge starts out ok but sometimes when the car is running my temp needle shoots and gets pinned to the right,,when I shut off and restart engine it returns to normal range on needle but it triggers the serv eng light,,,I know the serv light will come on after a gas refill but the car is running fine,,,any suggestions,,,,,,my car is a 2000 323i and its a great car had it new around 63000 now,,,,,also how long can these cars go the distance,,200k? 300k? im thinking about buying a new one but I like this one still,,,,

·
Registered
434 Posts
The thermostats in those engine are known to come apart. I'd get it fixed before it overheats. It usually causes it to run too cool though, and yes, it'll set the check engine light after a while.

·
Registered
159 Posts
take it to autozone auto part store if you live in those areas were these stores are maybe others will do it but its for free they will check and tell you why your light is going on. its a start better than taking to dealer and chargeing you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts