BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...carrier in a '92 325i. It appears as though the multi-link suspension is tearing out of the rear floor. Not good :wtf . BMW Customer Service denied any knowledge of a design flaw :confused .

Has anyone else with an E36 experienced a rear floor failure?

·
Registered
345 Posts
i remember someone saying that they had a huge bulge in the floor from the suspension warping....but i forget who...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Originally posted by Aggieland81@Nov 23 2003, 01:30 PM
i remember someone saying that they had a huge bulge in the floor from the suspension warping....but i forget who...
ditto, there was a guy on here that was talking about that exact same problem, and he wanted to use a sledge hammer to put it back in place...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I posted a message a couple weeks ago about my bulging rear floor which is creating less foot room for passengers. I don't know however if mine has actual suspension damage as you have described, my rear floor problem appears at least to be only cosmetic. I thought initially that someone jacked up the car wrong and bent the floor, but someone in the forum suggested that this was a common problem caused by hard driving. Here are some pictures. Are you experiencing a similar problem?

This is happening evenly on both sides of the rear floor. Maybe you can post some pictures of your damage? - and we can compare battle scars.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
sounds to me like subframe failure, very common on both the 1992 and 1993 year models. expensive little fix for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts