BMW Werkz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seats are pretty torn up these days and want a solution. I would preferably get new seats but they seem to be a bit pricey. I have seen on ebay sets of seat covers and was wondering if they are legit. I want them to look original leather, and not loose as a goose. Does anyone know of these and or know of any better ideas

· Registered
458 Posts
I have the same problem with an e39, 530-2002 & I was surprised yesterday when the dealer told me that the leather skin is not provided by BMW & therefore I have to seek out another source / option. In addition to the worn condition, the front seats also make clicking noise.

I am initially thinking to buy two complete seats in good condition (even with different color coz my ones are tan that can not be found easily), in order to recondition them.

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Personally, I'd go to a scrap yard and see what you can get. I was stupid and was indecisive on a set of sport seats that came out of a 2002 E39. The yard wanted $400 bucks for both front seats and they were in perfect condition and color matched to my interior. Unfortunately, I didn't pick them up when I had a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.