·
Registered
325 Posts
don't

·
Super Moderator
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark, they've got years of grime and old sweat and stuff built up on them, it's irritating my skin. :(

Drz, laundry detergent? How well should I dilute it? I don't want a residue, that will probably irritate my skin, too.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
BB, I just use a damp towel, grab the belt firmly, and slide repeatedly, using a new area of the towel each time. Rinse the towel if necessary after a few times. You will get dirty streaks! Repeat until the towel is clean.

I would try, if possible, not to use harsh detergents or chemicals, as it might affect the belt fabric's integrity. You know how sometimes if you use bleach or some kind of cleaner on a towel, then you leave the towel aside, forget about it, and later find the towel disintegrated!?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've used a mild dishwashing liquid diluted with warm water and a Boar's Hair brush (to avoid damaging the fabric). Typically, I dilute 10 parts warm water to 1 part dishwashing liquid (you could strengthen it if it is not producing the desired results).

Scrub a section of belt by holding it in the palm of your hand and wipe the area with a terry towel (they will "grab" the dirt and help dry the belt). Keep moving until you have the done the length of the belt and let air dry.

All Done

Toto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts