BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get rid of scratches myself? I really hate to go pay some place to do it for me. I've tried polish, and meguiars scrath X, but they haven't worked, do you think im doin somethin wrong?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Perhaps you should try to buff it out yourself. Depends on how deep the scratch is, if you can still see black paint under it, then try to buff it out yourself. If you can see like this cardboard colored texture that looks a little like wood, it's too deep. You'll need to go to a shop and have them fill it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try autozone, walk in and ask the clerk and see if they have a Buffer. :) You're gonna need some wax with it as well so get... well I prefer (Maguires Gold Class)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Cyclo Buffer dude

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought a simple buffer at autozone for 40 bucks. Lol works great for car wash, but in all honestly go with Lwebb, he would probably know way more than I would. Besides mine doesn't do that well for scratches.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by cardio@Oct 4 2003, 08:34 PM
yea.. scratches are officially impossible to buff out of my car
Well then, your scratches might be too deep to buff out..therefore requiring you to purchase some touch up paint, or take it to be professionally fixed..all depends on how deep the scratches are..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, but they aren't deep, like you can even feel them when u run your hand over them, but they still wont buff out

·
Registered
878 Posts
so let's say you buff scratch with a buffer and it doesn't come out. can you then apply a little touch up pani, let it dry and the buff that flat? then a little clear coat and buff again? little help with the touch up. i am sort of nervous to use it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
a crappy little buffer from autozone won't do anyhting. a professional buffer is a must. also you will probably need to wet-sand. from the looks of it, you probably should't try this stuff. your best bet, ask a detailer to get it out. they won't charge you much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
a true touch up job can only be done by a professional or someone with a lot of experience. Sanding, buffing, polishing, etc. wouldn't recommend it guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts