BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with a stock stereo that is satellite ready. I went to the dealership to ask about getting satellite radio and they said it would cost $1,100 to install. My question is are there any other options for a clean install on a satellite radio that runs through my current stock radio. By the way I have navigation.

Thanks for any help.

Yogini

·
Registered
38 Posts
Satellite ready, what a rip off!!

Don't you just hate that satellite ready phrase? Definitely not worth the $1100 for the upgrade. I thought the 2007's and after were all ready for satellite but what do I know? My 2009 has it built in.

I had a 2006 330i and received the satellite ready quote too. All I did was buy a Sirius Sportster model with the window suction cup and had it professionally installed for around $100. The unit I think cost me $125.....You can do it yourself but I'm useless mechanically.

The unit plays through a fm channel you pick. The magnetic mount antenna is slim and sticks well. I have the suction cup mount in the bottom left of my windshield. I don't have any loose wires hanging out and most importantly I don't have miles of antenna wire flapping outside the car or hanging unsightly inside the car.

I think this is the best option. I can't live without satellite radio now. I've not listened to the local radio in 4 years.

Take care
Walter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.