BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was driving home from a friends. I see a vette comin up behind me on the road. He gets next to me and its a late 80's early 90's car with a young guy driving.

We both goose the gas next to each other and get an idea of what is to come. Light is red, asc-t off, windows down, paying attention to the opposing light with my peripheral vision.

Light turns green and we both dumop it. I get a terrible launch but so does he. I am spinning off the line in first and I see/hear him start to get some traction in the corner of my eye. I lower the gas input and start to get traction, then immediately shifted into second. Got tons of traction and we were both bumper to bumper screaming down the road. I snap third gear and immediately start pulling on him. I run it to the top of third and get two CL on him and then shut down.

We did this again at the next light but I got a killer launch and left him immediately, he gave up shortly after. I thought I would loose to this car, it suppose it was a driver's race, but man it felt good to take out a vette.

·
Registered
963 Posts
thats funny, whats up with vette's these days, everyone seems to beat them.. maybe its just the older ones

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98 M3 sedan, bone stock.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice kill. :clap2

My sister had a '93 Vette a few years back that I drove quite a bit. It was an automatic and had a lot to be desired in the acceleration department. However, I know the 6-speeds are supposed to be another story.

I agree with the comment about it being a driver's race. Your '98 M3 is nothing to laugh at; even in stock trim. :thumbs

·
Registered
160 Posts
good kill. but before the LT1(300HP) i belive they hade a 350TPI with 250HP
yeah the LT1 started in 92 you can tell if it them cause the have horrisantal fins insted of vertical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts