BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the screw holding on my rotor for my front left of my car. well its stripped, badly. does this screw absoultely have to be in there or will the wheel be able to hold it in good enough? b/c otherwise im going to have to take a drill through the screw to get it out. then get it tapped :banghead

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
when i do brakes if theres a screw then i put it back but its only real purpose is to keep the rotor center when your putting the caliper back on. a lil screw cant keep a rotor on a car not possible. just throw it back together and lug it up nice.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by M5power@Jan 16 2004, 05:30 PM
the screw holding on my rotor for my front left of my car. well its stripped, badly. does this screw absoultely have to be in there or will the wheel be able to hold it in good enough? b/c otherwise im going to have to take a drill through the screw to get it out. then get it tapped :banghead
Is it just the head that is stripped? If so, you can take a torx bit that fits tight into the hole, actually a tad bigger than the hole, and hammer it into the head. This should bite well enough to back it out normally.

All the screw is for is to hold the rotor flush to the hub, so you can get the wheel on easily, without the rotor tipping off the hub, and it also keeps the lug holes aligned-the hub centers the rotor.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrite, sweet thanks alot for the tips! im just trying to get that stupid screw out so i can get my cross drilled rotors in, and with the advice i'll be able to pull it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts