BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the description from a BMW website on the system.

The standard rollover safety system in the 1995 BMW 325i Convertible is comprised of two recessed aluminium bars fitted behind the rear-seat headrests and pre-tensioned by powerful springs. When the angle of the BMW changes and exceeds a certain point, the bars instantaneously move up by a maximum of 27 cm and then are held back by a dampened stopper mechanism just in front of the soft roof or hardtop. They remain securely in position for optimal safety

Can some guide me thru the reset procedure of Roll-Over Protection System on a 1995 BMW 325ic other than owners manual. And where to purchase tool to reset RPS.
Or can it be reset without tool?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
rollover protection?

im not sure exactly what it does, explain for me? maybe if i knew it by another name or process i can help you

·
Registered
878 Posts
you need to roll the car back on to its wheels for it to turn off.

is this the for the convertible version?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the description from a BMW website on the system.

The standard rollover safety system in the 1995 BMW 325i Convertible is comprised of two recessed aluminium bars fitted behind the rear-seat headrests and pre-tensioned by powerful springs. When the angle of the BMW changes and exceeds a certain point, the bars instantaneously move up by a maximum of 27 cm and then are held back by a dampened stopper mechanism just in front of the soft roof or hardtop. They remain securely in position for optimal safety

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I met someone that had same car and had tool in his BMW tool kit.
thanks to the people that tried to help. I order my tool $29 from BMW dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts