BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going ot buy rims soon, and noticed that the same rims come in two different offsets. I have no idea what this means. If someone could explain this to me I would be grateful. Anyways i have a 1996 318i, these are the two different wheels

the wheels are 18 *8.5, and 5*120mm this should be fine for my car i believe
but ones offset is 15 and the other is 38.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
You need the 38 offest unless you want your rims to stick way out like a ricer

·
Registered
242 Posts
:yup Offset means from the wheel hub to the inside of your rim if you get 18"X8.5 regardless of the off set is too wide with tires when you turn you gonna rub the inner and outer fender not good at all. :nope Far as the offset not sure also you got a 318i you have a smaller Power steering pump 18"X8.5 is too wide and too heavy you're gonna kill your power steering pump. Go with 17" and check the offset before you buy any thing. Here's a pic of my from wheels exchange. (M5 17")

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've also got a 318i a 1998, I've got 17's and I'm wanting to space out my wheels a bit. How big of spacers should I get? And what kind? I want it to look wider but it's not worth it to me if I burn out power steering engines and stuff. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
When you add spacers you need longer bolts then your car will be sitting on an inch of bolts (or less) between the hub and the rim you'll add lots of stress on it when you turn and hitting bumps and if they snap you're F*$Ked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts