BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two windshield washer fluid pumps both for the front windshild. the resistance for the one that came with the car is 7.3 ohms and the other one i baught offline is 2.5ohms. they both sounds like they work but i am getting no pressure to spray the fluid out of the jet sprayers. i live in pa could the lines freeze? the washer has de-icer in it and its not frozen in th,e resivueor. not sure what the heck is going on here. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
In shop practice fine detail to a difference of a few ohms does not matter.

The usual way to test is an ohmeter... have continuity(irregardless of resistance) it should work. no continuity=open circuit=no good.

In your case, either one will work equally well.

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
new here

rough idle change filters /plugs miss firing on multi / smoke coming in to the air vent when i stop but non around the motor or any oil leaks could be found on the ramp plug 6 had some oil in chamber

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
follow the washer line and see if there is a connector around the hood area. disconnect and run the washers... check to see if washer fluid shoots out.

washer motors working? yes...? no...? if no, check fuses.

washer motors working but no washer fluid shooting out? = clogged line

washer fluid shooting out of the disconnected hose but not through the nozzles = clogged nozzles.

** clogged nozzles u can clean out with fine wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts