BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I have a 04 330ci convertible and am having difficulties with the automatic convertible top. I was told that the top may need to be reset or resynchronized. Can I do that?

Thanks!;)

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
there is no initialization procedure for this top. If it is stuck you can remove the rear seat bottom and there is a button to press and a fitting for an allen wrench. with these u can release pressure from the system as well as unlock the storage cover so that the top can be manually moved to a closed postion. Instructions are in the owners manual. make sure if you are trying to stow the top that the trunk compartment stowage panel is in the down position. you can read your owners manual for more info on this as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
resetting convertible top

Thanks for the response. I opened the compartment between the backseat backs and tried to follow the instructions in the manual from there. There was no wrench or switch. I will try to open the seat bottoms and look for the switch. I was able to open the convertible top manually but the storage compartment won't allow the top to be stored in the folded position. When pressing the button to close the top, it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
yes, it sounds like if there is no room for the top to store then u need to go inside the trunk and find the handle for the stowage floor and move it to the down position. this is why the top will go up but not down.
read your manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my thoughts exactly

That is what I was thinking. I have tried to open the compartment in the trunk that stores the convertible top. It is not cooperating with me. Do you know of any tricks to get it open? I am able to move the handle from one position to the other and that is about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed it

I was able to use the allen wrench in the section below the center console to release the storage compartment. I had to first remove the console, then lift up the seat to find it. Once I did that, I manually let the convertible top down, stored it in the storage compartment and secure the compartment. From there, the manual switch worked perfectly to release the top back up and then down once again. I believe the convertible is reset Thanks for the direction!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
convertible top not closing

The top on my 04 330CI had to be manually closed recently. When trying to automatically close, there are several clicking sounds heard from the rear of the car. After manually closing, the light that signals the top is secure is flashing red. As a result I cannot access the stowage compartment. Any ideas what needs to be done to get the top fully closed? :help

·
Registered
1 Posts
2002 330 top issue

The top on my 04 330CI had to be manually closed recently. When trying to automatically close, there are several clicking sounds heard from the rear of the car. After manually closing, the light that signals the top is secure is flashing red. As a result I cannot access the stowage compartment. Any ideas what needs to be done to get the top fully closed? :help
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have the same issue with my car. Can anyone Help me?:help

·
Registered
1 Posts
convertible top not closing

hello I was wondering if you were able to fix this problem? Sounds like what mine is currently doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts