BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k., let me try to explain :
1) First- get all of your keys handy because you need to initialize them all at the same time.
2) Get in the car and close all doors
3) Stick one key in the ignition and turn to accesory ( just before start ) and then right back off within 5 seconds, and remove the key
4) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition switch off, press and hold the unlock button (the "up arrow")
5) while holding the unlock button, press and release (tap) the lock button (round button) 3 times within 10 seconds.
6) release both buttons immediately. The LED will flash (if still working) and the door locks will lock and unlock automatically, signaling a successful initialization.
7) If you have other keys, repeat steps 4 through 6 within 30 seconds.
8) Once you are done, use one of the keys and switch the ignition on and then off (to the full accessory position, don't start the car). this completes the process.
I have done these steps on my car, but nothing happend.
what could be the problem.

Another thing, can I deactivate security alarm manually without remote key?

·
Registered
497 Posts
if the battery is good, this process should work. Maybe try it again?? I'm not sure what to tell you without being there. If you try it again and it doesn't work then all i can suggest is to take it by the dealer and ask someone to help you out. They shouldn't charge you anything for just initializing the keys again. good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I recently had to replace the key on my 95 740 il , I just tried the steps outlined by EXtech to program my key and It worked just as he described. (THANKS EXtech) So you must have a faulty key. I paid over $100 dollars at my local dealership for the key. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts