BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BMW has just released a single teaser photo of its upcoming Vision Efficient Dynamics Concept that will debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month. The German automaker is keeping tight-lipped about the upcoming vehicle, but it is expected to be a serious performance car that utilizes all of BMW's current Efficient Dynamics approaches. That being said, we should look for electric power steering, a regenerative braking system and the use of light-weight materials like magnesium and carbon fiber.

According to WorldCarFans, the Vision Efficient Dynamics Concept will be a supercar with as much as 590 ft-lbs of torque from a hybrid turbodiesel motor. It will also get 67.2 mpg and be able to hit 60 mph in less than five seconds.

We'll be sure to bring you bring you all the details life from the Frankfurt Auto Show starting September 15th.

More: Report: BMW Efficient Dynamics Concept Teased on AutoGuide.com

· Premium Member
14,701 Posts
It looks interesting, although I think a hybrid turbo diesel kinda misses the efficiency opportunity that a diesel by itself would clearly provide... :dunno But the rest seems like a good effort, although an actual car made this way would have to be very pricey! :deal

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
I guess it would be a matter of much the torque from the electrical motors helps. In general I am against hybrids. I think they miss the point on many different levels. I am also a fan of turbo-diesels.

I think as a concept, BMW is just trying to show several o fthe technologies they've been working on. And since this is a sports car, they just want to show that their gas mileage is great compared to other cars in the same market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.