BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Whats the safest way to remove the corner lens and replace it with clear lens? I can't seem to find the snap or screws that keep it in place. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, I just had to replace my front left blinker bulb that blew. (This is on a 2000 323i not sure if there all the same)) In order to replace it I had to remove the corner lense which I thought was going to be a major PIA but it turned out to be really simple. When you open your hood, you will see a small oval size opening on the top seam of your front quarter panel towards your front lights. There is a spring loaded clip about 5 inches down within this hole. You need to take a screwdriver & stick it down this opening carefully and press downwards on the clip. It took me 3 or 4 times before i actually found the clip,it's pretty hard to see. The clip itself will give you that spring loaded resistance when you push it down so you know your touching it. As you press down the clip you have to slowly carefully push/pull the corner lense out towards the front of the car. Once you learn the trick to it, youl'' be able to pull this lense out in seconds..Hope that helps,MattyMac

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard to both of you!! :welcome B)

Cubee, what year is your car? Some years, there is a spring loaded clip that holds your corner lens in and some are screwed in.

just like mattymac has mentioned, there is a small oval shape hole that you will need to put your screw driver in. on his, he's got the spring clip that you just push down on it. on my car, there is a screw that you loosen to get the lens out. just use a phillip screwdriver. if i knew what year your car is, then i can be able to determine which way you will need to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts