BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new thread I started about an estimate I got for repairs. I had posted one asking what the problem WOULD be and now I know.

They want to replace the DMTL for around 450, Maf (not working at all) for 500, and cooling problems (they wanted to replace coolant level senor, two thermostats, and expansion tank) for about 1500 with the total cost being around 2400.

My problems: Repair costs were 2500 total, but the DMTL isnt a rushed thing, should the MAF really be $500 to replace? I can get it for around 200-250 and do it myself and when I said that he informed me I needed the computer to be reprogrammed. I haven't had to do any work on a bmw so I wasn't sure if this is accurate or not. Im thinking If I can just get the two radiator hoses replaced and expansion tank + do the MAF myself I could save a ton of money. They didnt even test the thermostats so I am surprised they want to replace them so bad.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
What is a DMTL?

The cooling system you should be able to DIY for much,much cheaper. I mean, even if you went all out and changed water pump, fan clutch, hoses, everything but the radiator, you're still looking at $600 in parts or less. And the radiator wouldn't cost much more.

I don't think there should be much of a problem replacing the MAF sensor. If the cra needs to be reprogrammed (I kinda doubt it, but I am not sure), then you can still have that done after you perform the install yourself.

What car do you have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts