BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN....some little fucker thought it would be funny to key my car!!
I am debating on what to do. Should I go buy a vial of paint and paint over the mark? Its not deep at all, they just scratched the surface of the paint. If I put the paint on, would it look weird with the rest of the paint on the car (new vs. old...)?

Also, where can I buy paint besides my dealer? I am not exactly on good terms with dealership (loaner car issues...), are there any places on the internet where I can buy genuine BMW paint?

The key mark is not very obvious, its on the roof above the passenger side door. I woudlnt have noticed it at all, but a friend of mine saw it as he was getting in.

Any recommendations? Thanks a lot guys

·
WOT in Reverse
3,441 Posts
BMW offers a touch-up paitn stick that comes with everything you need to repair small scratches. It has the origional BMW paint, brush, and clear lacquer to seal it all in. If your key marks are long and deep (down to the metal) I'm not sure this would do paint stick kit would do the job. I know it's usually like pulling teeth to go through the dealer for little things, but theese things work great.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah i've fixed a number of key marks with my paint repair kit, none of the key marks were deep so this did the trick quite nicely...i'd recommend picking one up

·
Registered
497 Posts
depending on how deep the mark actually is, it might buff out. You do not have to get paint through BMW. Find a good body shop in your area and have them take a look at it. If the scratch doesn't buff out, then they can paint either the whole roof or paint just the area where the scratch is and blend it in. You might as well do the whole roof because they will already have the paint mixed. I would first take it to a good detail shop and get their opinion on whether or not they could buff it out.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Buy some scratch-x and see what it can do to it. It my just take it out comletely. Also, Im moving to detailing where you'll get better responses.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It all depends on how deep the mark is. same thing happend to me a month ago and all i did was buff it out with turtlewax scratch remover :drunk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts