BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove this trim to install my new headunit....I dont know how to remove them...it seems like its just clipped in and pops off...or am I wrong? is there screws somewhere? I dont want to chance breaking anything

any help appreciated

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am assuming your changeing your radio? if so you pry the molding from the passangers side open door and carefully pry of trim :driving

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by MattH6935@Oct 20 2003, 11:58 AM
I need to remove this trim to install my new headunit....I dont know how to remove them...it seems like its just clipped in and pops off...or am I wrong? is there screws somewhere? I dont want to chance breaking anything

any help appreciated
pull with not too much force there are plastic clips in place.... :thumbs

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
it is best to use some kind of plastic prying tool or you can use a flathead screwdriver, but wrap the tip of the screwdriver with tape to avoid marring the trim.

the trim is held in place with clips, so be careful when prying the trim off. the clips will break easily. pry off the passenger side trim, then the center trim. no need to take the drivers side off.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The dealer had to replace my radio last year. The tech used an unprotected flat head screwdriver to pry the trim off. He scratched the plactic around the trim I was a little pissed to say the least. I have thought of having the trim painted as I don't really like the wood look. Does anyone have an idea of what this might entail?
Ben

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by Mach 5@Oct 21 2003, 10:32 AM
The dealer had to replace my radio last year. The tech used an unprotected flat head screwdriver to pry the trim off. He scratched the plactic around the trim I was a little pissed to say the least. I have thought of having the trim painted as I don't really like the wood look. Does anyone have an idea of what this might entail?
Ben
i would have been screaming at the tech if he had scratched my trim!! :pissed2

what color of trim did you have in mind?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was thinking of black to match the interior but I also like the look of the aluminum that some cars have. Go figure I can't stand the wood look. I image that I would have to sand down to the bare aluminum and prime and paint as if it was anyother metal part.
Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts