BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 528i: 6 weeks ago my left rear window failed to operate. Motor replacement $340.00 Now my right rear has failed. Any one else having these problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by whaleman@Aug 19 2003, 02:03 PM
1998 528i: 6 weeks ago my left rear window failed to operate. Motor replacement $340.00 Now my right rear has failed. Any one else having these problems?
i had the same problem, i think, my problem was with the passenger side front door, sometimes the windows and door lock would not operate correctly. the dealership told me that the connectors in the doors were corroded or something like that, and the cleaned it and put some kind of stuff on it, and now it works like new, costed me 190

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same problem with my 98, it was the rear Drivers side I think? It cost me like 260 Euros back about a year or so ago. The real crappy thing is if it was the front one it only cost 60-80 dollars I think it was. The rear units are all one part where as the fronts you can get just the track or motor I believe. :banghead

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've seen it happen before, but not frequently. It's kind of a freak thing that one goes out after another but it does happen unfortunately

·
Registered
9 Posts
my right rear window failed also. My dad took off the door panel and found that he can slide the window up and down by hand, the operating windows wont allow him to do that. does this mean the motor gear has failed?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by BlackEye@Aug 21 2003, 04:20 PM
my right rear window failed also. My dad took off the door panel and found that he can slide the window up and down by hand, the operating windows wont allow him to do that. does this mean the motor gear has failed?
That is sort of what happend to mine, I should have clarified so Whaleman wouldn't be confused. I took my panel off too, the cable had came off the yhe plastic wheel....2 hours later I had destroyed the thing! :pissed2 So really mine was a "operator induced" failure. Just wanted to clarify that.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
It's called a window regulator I believe, 1 failed in my E46 (Rear left got tangled), and it seems to happen to E38's and E39's too. Wow you guys didn't even get any vaseline I bought my regulator for about $130-$140 and installed it myself....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts