BMW Werkz banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys I dont understand this one. I checked the glove fuse box and replaced fuse #45, which controls the rear roll up blind. The fuse I replaced looked fine but I gave it a shot..........nothing. I press the roll up blind button and it won' :confused t retract. Where else should I look.....Geez I opened it about an hour earlier and it was fine! Mystically it stopped working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi there 540Iam

I have similiar problem with my E39 528i. If you have fixed this problem, please advise me.

I removed the Roller blind unit from my vehicle, and found that the arms attached to the gearbox (roller blind motor) were bent slightly but still causing it to jam. I straightened it and it worked for a year until it happened again. Straightening it did not help the second time round.

Now the faults are electronic as no voltage is present to drive the motor.
I suspect the control module/circuit is damaged due to motor jamming the second time.

I removed the roller blind, straightened the arms and tested it with an external power supply and 'viola' it worked - but not in the car.

Do you have information on the location of the control module/circuit?

Regards

Yusuf

·
Registered
29 Posts
roller blind workings

I have finally solved my roller blind problem, which was an electronic fault and now understand it's workings.

Firstly, 12 volts must be present at fuse no.45 when the key is turned to it's first position.
The electronics for the roller blind is located within the roller blind "touch" switch housing. The switch needs to be removed from the centre console to gain access to the "extremly compact" pc board. This circuit recieves it's 12 volt supply from fuse no.45 and can be measured on one of the pins of the plug connecting to the pc board.
This pc board is directly connected to the roller blind motor (via a yellow and a white cable, via a loom on the driver's side floor on my e39 528i rhd) and supplies the voltage to raise/lower the blind by changing the polarity in the cables. When the blind has reached either end, extra current is drawn by the motor. The "current sensitive" circuit then stops the motor.

The fault on my car was that the voltage at fuse no.45 was too low. This fuse is one of a few that are supplied with voltage when the key is turned to the first position. I suspect that the fuses are powered by a module some where. I chose to build my own module which i connected up & fitted within the fuse recess.

It' been a few weeks since installation and so far so good.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Yusuf

·
Premium Member
14,728 Posts
So you're asking us how to get window blinds from the very site you spammed -- I mean posted Hey! Wanna guess how long this thread will last? After all, it's from 2006, and latest post is your spam. :bigshifty Read the ban message...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.