BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an electric rear blind fitted to my 330i Sport Saloon, and when it is up it rattles. It rattles when driving, but also rattles more with the stereo on. Does anyone have any ideas? :banghead

On another note, it pays to shop around if you damage an alloy. I hit a kerb a few weeks ago and suffered some cosmetic damage to the rim. I went to my usual BMW dealership who told me they do not re-finish alloy wheels as there could be cracks in the wheel. I then went to the other BMW dealership in the area who said they do re-finish alloys, but for £100! Luckily I have a friend who is a huge client for Ferrari and I managed to get the wheel done by Ferrari for £45. The finish is perfect, you cannot tell it has ever been damaged, and it was done without taking the tyre off. :yup

·
quality
7,256 Posts
I have an electric rear blind fitted to my 330i Sport Saloon, and when it is up it rattles. It rattles when driving, but also rattles more with the stereo on. Does anyone have any ideas? :banghead

On another note, it pays to shop around if you damage an alloy. I hit a kerb a few weeks ago and suffered some cosmetic damage to the rim. I went to my usual BMW dealership who told me they do not re-finish alloy wheels as there could be cracks in the wheel. I then went to the other BMW dealership in the area who said they do re-finish alloys, but for £100! Luckily I have a friend who is a huge client for Ferrari and I managed to get the wheel done by Ferrari for £45. The finish is perfect, you cannot tell it has ever been damaged, and it was done without taking the tyre off. :yup
Did you ever fix your rattle?
I am installing this in my car soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts