BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I intend to reek havoc on my girls 1988 325iC. I haven't been in this thing for 3 months and last evening she described issues, that to her, were not significant but a bit noticable. The tweeters in the door frames are coming a little loose, the passenger side door handle trim piece has come off, and finally, there is a rattle from under the car when she goes over train tracks or hits little potholes. I asked, is this a rattle or can you feel something in the floorboard? She replied that, no, just a rattle like sound....
I am going to do a number on this thing tomorrow, I think the catalytic shield has come undone (the rattle), the glue has come undone on the tweeter and door handle stuff and they both/all need to be reglued plus the thing needs new tires....I am thinking of going with Continentals....they seem to be very reasonably priced here in Chicago. I have Yokes currently, but they are a very hard compound that I bought in New Mexico specifically for the harsh desert road conditions there. These Yokes are worthless here and worn out to boot.....anybody have any experience with Continentals?

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not To Even Mention

I just did the valves on Sunday, and was pleased with the result. But I never even started the car nor drove it. She says it's nice and quiet like now, so I say fine. We had a conversation last night in which I made it clear to her (I hope) that if ANYTHING at all seems not right to yourself PLEASE bring these things to my attention ASAP, so that I may address the issue(s) before they become a major thng. It's the only way I can imagine of keeping a 1988 BMW 325iC with 175K miles on it roadworthy; you simply have to stay with the thing issue by issue or you will find yourself with a piece of junk on you hands. I would take this car right now and drive it from Chicago to Los Angeles right now with no second thought.....but not in December....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.