BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too sure if any of you have had this problem... but here it goes

When i turn on my radio I cannot see the station displayed in the console.. I checked the fuse box, everything is fine. Anyone know whats wrong? I drive a '96 328i

Also im lookin to buy some fog light replacement bulbs... preferably hyper white lights.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
380 Posts
The problem where your display on your radio is dimmed is a very common problem. That model of radio (C33 Alpine radio) all have that same problem. Mine did. You can try and find another radio on eBay from a newer E36 ('98 or '99 M3 preferably) for around 90 bucks. Hope this helps.
Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx... do i need to buy a new radio.. or is this fixable?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
its a problem with the radio itself. its probably repairable, but replacement could be cheaper. i hoestly dont know which wuld cost more, but its usually a lot to replace a display inside.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i figured that.. takin it to the dealer would be too much.. especially for labor.. lol any recommendations for fog light replacement bulbs?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Silverstars are nice, but i dont think they make an h1 variant. I suggest prostreetlighting.com and look there. they have decent bulbs.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
yeah or you can just go to an auto store around your town most will have the bulbs that you need! just be careful when taking out your foglights you will need to goin through the brake duct to unlock it and give pressure, but dont use to much pressure (even though u have to use a little force) or you will break it trust me i had to rig mine back to get it to hold after i broke mine! wasnt fun!

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine started dimming - after a few minutes warm up it comes back. Sometimes I wack the side of the console and it goes to full illumination. Dang.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol.. ya i wack the side of the panel.. and it turns on for a few minutes... thx for the feedback..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts