BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these the other day

It's a 7" Touchscreen LCD. I'm going to build a computer in my car based around that screen. I was just wondering if there are any audio-in ports on the stock deck? Any alternative decks or solutions if there aren't? I know I can do a radio type transmission (where you basically make your own radio station that plays through an FM channel). Suggestions please! :idea2

Oh yeah, its a 2001 330i with the Business CD player. :wrench

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:nope Dude, you moved it here and no one is answering... can you please put it back in the E46 crowd... no one comes here. :cry

·
Registered
236 Posts
i don't think many people are too sure...but from my experience, which is a 95 325 and 95 m3 there are no inputs/outputs (rca's and what have you) on the deck, but since that is an 01 i'd say to get a manual or to just take it out and take a gander...its not hard to do

sorry that i'm not of much help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's okay homestar... at least you tried. I'm just going to pull it out... thought maybe I could get some input on any inputs :help

-B

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
It is vary rare to find expansion capability in a factory system unless its for a specific factory component.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, what about using the factory CD Changer plug? Although I dont know where the F its at, i think it might carry some audio... errr.

I guess Im just going to do a make your own radio station thing :confused

Does anyone have pictures of an alternate system that would go in place of a stock deck?

-B

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
CD changer would carry audio if you already have a CD changer, just splice into the wires. If the head unit doesn’t output audio when the cd player isn't playing, i guess you could burn an audio CD with just silence in it and set it on loop. Ugly hack but hey, It'd work! (I think the harness is on the right side of the trunk, but you have an E46 chassis and I haven’t had experience with these so I could very well be wrong.) I don't really recommend you do this, but it is possible and could work just fine.

Since you have a stock head unit, I doubt heavily that you will have an auxiliary input. I doubt you want to change out the head unit with an aftermarket one, so I'd go RF modulator. If you get a NICE one, the quality isn't really too bad. I'd avoid RF if you can find a hard-wired solution; otherwise, RF is the way to go for this application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts