BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time BMW owner but first time posting here.

Currently own a 2001 325i. Having a mechanic put in a new radiator fan/motor/shroud assembly. I know, should've done it myself but other work had to be done it and they normally do a good job so I left it for them.

My question is about the connections. Mechanic tells me there's only 2 wires coming off the fan (from the motor I'm assuming), but that there are 3 lines that need to be connected. He told me he thinks the 3rd cable is probably for a switch. The parts aren't from the dealer, bought it online for cheaper from a place that said it was OEM. Looking at my Haynes manual though it shows a timer unit on the back with 2 cables connected to the central motor, and 3 running connected on the other side. So my question is: is there anything wrong with the new part, or do the connections just need to be made inside the timer unit? Any advice or further explaination would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
the proper objective in repair should be to return EVERYTHING the way it was in it's original state. trying remedy/jimmy the wrong part to fit is pretty much a thing of the past. It will only result in a WOMBAT situation(waste of money, brains, and time).

better you source out the correct parts, or return and exchange for the correct parts if you have to.

I don't think there is a better way than that. Esp when you work with electrics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.