BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been a long time since i have had a race, and i was feeling deprived. I was leaving Atlantic City, NJ to get onto the expressway. My Girlfriend was behind me in her car (Jeep), and we were stopped at a red light. Then a Brand New Silver Magnum with the hemi engine pulled up next to me.

He pulled up to my drivers side door, and all of his windows were tinted out, so i could not see him, and make a visual confermation of me wanting to race. I didnt think he wanted to race... but i was WRONG. So... The light turns green, and he is OUT. I took off when his rear bumper was a little past my front bumper. We went all the way up to 85, and i was still the same distance from his bumper when he started.

I then slowed down and waited forever for my girlfriend to catch up with me, and she said she wasnt supprised that i raced him.

Magnum Specs:
0-60: 6.19sec
BHP: 340 HP
Torque: 390 lb-ft

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't feel too bad. The Magnum does have quite a bit more power than a 325.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It does. But this is a prime example of how numbers aren't everything - in a lighter car, that engine would pull MUCH faster than a 6 0-60

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by 4evrwyntr@Mar 29 2005, 02:01 PM
It does. But this is a prime example of how numbers aren't everything - in a lighter car, that engine would pull MUCH faster than a 6 0-60
[snapback]320819[/snapback]​
Wouldn't that mean numbers are everything? You just need all the numbers. :p

·
Registered
329 Posts
This reminds me of the other night. My buddy is driving a rental truck with hemi in it and claims that he would beat my 96 328is, which only has 36k miles. Stock vs Stock.

It was raining so much, broke the record for most amount of rain in my area. I refuse to race in the rain.

Which one do you think would win?

·
Registered
329 Posts
haha...

I love my car. I would race someone, but not to the point where I would damage my car. Whereas his is a rental car. How many people here have been gentle on any rental car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts