1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
no

·
Registered
457 Posts
Theres a reason or purpose why its there....but go ahead and see.....heheehehheehhe

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
This might be part of the recycler newer cars use. It recirculates spent gasses into the chamber to 1 clean the exhaust (gasses burns longer and cleaner) and to reduce potential knock.

M3 you aware of any this tubing on the late e30s? Im pretty sure this feature wasnt introduced untill people became environmentally aware (those bitches)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 20 2003, 05:02 PM
This might be part of the recycler newer cars use. It recirculates spent gasses into the chamber to 1 clean the exhaust (gasses burns longer and cleaner) and to reduce potential knock.
No. It has nothing to do with the EGR system.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I was gonna do that on my car....only thing is....I couldn't find it...... :idea2

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 22 2003, 03:28 PM
No. It has nothing to do with the EGR system.
Then what is it?
It actuates a flap to create more restriction in the exhaust at low RPM's for more low-end torque. Also lowers the exhaust noise slightly.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
that is only in euro spec models...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i looked for it today and did find it .. it goes right on top of the muffler i decided not to fool around with it anymore b/c it wouldnt budge from the muffler

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by bimmer328isss@Aug 23 2003, 10:39 PM
i looked for it today and did find it .. it goes right on top of the muffler i decided not to fool around with it anymore b/c it wouldnt budge from the muffler
Yea, theres no real reason to... low end torque is good, not that its something I have much of. :lol:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
it doesnt cause any problems......
ive plugged up mine, as i have changed the exhaust system......

i wasnt sure if the pipe sucked or blowed, so i blocked it up incase it did suck, so it wouldnt pull any shit through it!

:thumbs

it does make you exhaust a little louder if you disconnect that flap (if thats what your thinking of doing!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts