BMW Werkz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed my coilovers are removed the plastic from the wheel wells. but now, the brake cooling ducts are kind of rattling around. i want to remove the ducts, but there's a set of wires plugged into the ducts. what is that plugged in and can i unplug it without anything bad happening? or should i just zip-tie them to something and leave them there?

thanks,
chris

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
If you can, I think it's best to leave the ducts in place. The wiring could be for the outside air temp sensor.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Just seconding witeshark's input: the ambient temperature sensor is installed in the brake cooling ducts in the E36. Try to keep them in. Rethink how you put it all back together, as you may have missed something, given that it was all snapped into place when you started.

Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seconding witeshark's input: the ambient temperature sensor is installed in the brake cooling ducts in the E36. Try to keep them in. Rethink how you put it all back together, as you may have missed something, given that it was all snapped into place when you started.

Good luck!
i decided to just drill holes in the brake ducts and zip tie them to the body. it still makes a little noise, but nothing compared to the way it used to be. the rattling noise is coming from where the brake ducts insert into the front of the bumper......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts